Saturday, October 23, 2010

What we can learn from a humble choreographer / dancer - Thabo Rapoo

I had a wonderful evening at Dance Factory on the 22 October 2010. I watched Thabo Rapoo's dance piece, named Batsumi. I enjoyed the music. I so much loved how he managed to mix classic music with Afro dance. Most of us expected to see Thabo as One of the dancers. He was a percussionist on the night while the dancers implemented his well choreographed piece.

I have seen Batsumi 4 times and to tell you the truth all performance we totally different and exciting. I saw interesting moves last night
that I did not see in the 3 performances I saw before the one I saw last night. All the dancers were very good and they flowed with the backgrounding music. Costume, lights and music were fused together to complete the artwork. Personally, my stars for the evening were Mr. Thulani Chauke and Ms. Sonia Radebe. I was charmed by their moves. Collectively all the dancers made the show a masterpiece.

Batsumi is a masterpiece about men as hunters and women as gatherers. Men hunting for their families while women gathering wild fruits and vegetables. This is a must see

I have known Thabo Rapoo, since 1989 to date. We been buddies then and we are still buddies today. Only if our schools provided art lessons, maybe I could have seen this Thabo's dance talent earlier and he could also have started dancing at an early age.

Anyway, Thabo Rapoo has been performing locally and abroad and I am sure his art pieces are going to make the audience drop their jaws. All I can say is that you will never know what to expect when you are going to watch his art pieces. He is full of suprises.

This is a very disciplined artist who is focused and dedicated to his work. I am so excited he now has an artist manager, named Ms Onthatile Matshidiso. A very beautiful woman, who will help Thabo Rapoo, to relauch, brand and position himself as the best choreographer in Afrika. She is a dynamic woman who understands the Artworld, as she is an artist too. This will not be an easy road as we know that Artworld demands and artist manager with a strong courage and a stamina like an Afrikan hyena.

I have seen, read and directly observed Thabo's rise in the Artworld. It was not an easy road for him, but with Passion, Dedication and Discipline, he is now where all dancers and choreographers aspire to be. Thabo is where he is because he has been 'hungry' to achieve his goals. if you are 'hungry' enough, you will do whatever it takes you to do in order to reach your goals. You better be hungry!

Become massively successful!

Baleseng 'Basi' Tau
for Tau and Associates

Skype: basi.tau
Yahoo chat: balesengt
Googlechat: basi.tau

No comments:

Post a Comment